Guilt free dessert with healthy kuzu and cocoa.
600ml soya milk
2 tbsp Clearspring Kuzu
1 tbsp Clearspring Agar Flakes
100ml Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp hazelnut or cashwer nut butter
A pinch of Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
Crushed roasted hazelnuts for topping
1. Mix cocoa powder and some soya milk (about 3 tbsp) to make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Mix kuzu and 1 tbsp cold water well. Set aside.
3. Heat the remaining soya milk in a pan with a pinch of salt and agar flakes without stirring until bubbles start. Then simmer for 3-4 minutes or until all the agar flakes dissolve, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the cocoa paste (1) into a pan and stir constantly for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Add malt syrup, nut butter and stir constantly. When it is mixed, add the kuzu paste (2) and stir constantly.
6. When the liquid becomes a bit thicker, remove from the heat and transfer to a flat dish. Leave it to cool for 1-2 hours.
7. Once set, blend in a food processor until smooth and creamy, adding more malt syrup if necessary.
8. Serve topped with crushed, roasted hazelnuts.