This tasty pasta salad is perfect for a summer picnic or potluck party.
220g Clearspring Semi Whole Wheat Fusilli
236g green beans, cut into 3-4cm lengths
78.5g pine nuts or slivered almonds
78.5g pitted, sliced Kalamata olives
59g chopped spring onions
3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
80ml Clearspring Organic Tunisian Extra Virgin Olive or Clearspring Organic Olive-Flax Oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Organic White Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Ume Plum Seasoning or 2 pinches Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup (optional)
1 clove garlic, crushed or 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
A generous pinch of black pepper
2 tsp fresh chopped thyme, marjoram or oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1. Cook the fusilli according to the directions on the pack until ‘al dente', then immediately drain, rinse in a cold water bath, drain and set aside.
2. Drop the green beans into boiling, lightly salted water and simmer for about 5 minutes, until just cooked. Drain, plunge into cold water to set the colour, drain and leave to one side.
3. Toast the pine nuts in an un-oiled pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
5. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing and mix well. If time allows, let chill for 30 minutes before serving.