These Risolle patties made with wild rice, artichoke hearts, toasted pecans and dried cranberries, are a delicious and uplifting festive dish. Topped with zesty and refreshing cranberry chutney makes for a mouth watering combination.
<Wild Rissole Patties>
175g cooked wild rice
175g cooked Clearspring Sushi Brown Rice
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
70g dried cranberries
85g drained artichoke hearts from a jar, coasely chopped
25g toasted pecans, chopped
2 tbs Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbs fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 pack of Clearspring Tofu, crumbled
4 Clearspring Japanese Rice Cakes, crushed
Clearspring Sunflower Frying Oil for deep frying
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Clearspring Kuzu
1/2 tsp dry mustard
300g fresh or frozen cranberries
80g dried cranberries
1 jar of Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
170ml Ruby Port
3 tbs crystallised ginger
2 tbsp grated orange zest
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
a pinch of ground cloves
<Wild Rice Rissole Patties>
1. Mix cooked wild rice, cooked brown rice, onion, artichoke hearts, pecans, olive oil, sage, thyme and rosemary in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the tofu then rice cake crumbs, and season with salt and pepper if desired. Add a litte flour if more binding is needed.
3. Shape mixture into 12 patties then keep them in the fridge for a few hours to set.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of sunflower frying oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned with a crispy suface. Repeat the other side as well.
5. Serve with cranberry chutney.
1. Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, kuzu and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine cranberries, rice syrup, port, dried cranberries, ginger, orange zest, lemon zest, cloves and a pinch of sea salt in medium saucepan.
3. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in juice and kuzu mix (1) into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens and berries have burst.
5. Cool, serve chilled or at room temperature.